• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. M

Volvo Repair Shop in South Florida

Hello to all. I have been a member and Volvo fan for years now. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am currently working at Selective Automotive (independent volvo repair shop). Selective has served South Florida for the past 20 years. Selective also has the capability to diagnose, test...
  2. M

850 fuel pressure spec

whats up guys . I just replaced the fuel pump on the 95 850 turbo with a walbro replacment from volvo parts direct. The only concern is it is smaller than the factory unit. I was thinking flow may be a little less. But I need to check my fuel pressure. I have the tools but I have no idea what...
  3. M

850 heater core

Hi guys I posted this on brickboard too. I just got an 850 turbo and I need to install a new heater core . If anyone could help me with some tips I would really appriciate it Thanks Matt mac2002jm@yahoo.com
  4. M

fitting t-5

I know this has probable been talked about before but. I was wondering what a shift block is. In the t-5 article is says to fit a t-5 in a 700-900 you need a shift block to get the right position of the shifter. Does the 302 (ford 5.0) swaps need a mod to correct the shift position Thanks Matt...
  5. M

V8 in a 740 wagon

Hi to all I was thinking does anyone think a Dodge 440 would fit in a 740 wagon . I know some body thinking of doing that but I know one problem is that it weights about 800 pounds. It might be too heavy. What do you guys think. a 350 chev weights about 500pounds. how heavy are the 3.0 in the...
  6. M

new brakes

Hi guy I just move in the dorm this week, drove about 1000miles on my new brakes. front old girling calipers with new bendix pads and new brembo rotors. (pads have shims rear old ATE calipers with new bendix pads and new brembo rotors (pads have old shims. for the first time I have had the car...
  7. M

horn

Hi I disconected the horn yesterday. and I think I mixed the wires up. There are the colors yellow and blue. So if anyone know which plug on the horn to put the yellow and which gets the blue. It would be great thanks Matt 89 740gl wagon by the way each horn has two wires
  8. M

cams for b280

Hi everyone I was wondering were I can buy performance camshafts for a b280 I know someone who is interested in carburating a b280 and see how much Hp they can get out of a balanced, ported and polished , higher compression, what other machining should he do. can he get a flywheel for a b280...
  9. M

supercharging

Hi were can I buy a supercharger. I want to supercharge an engine but Don;t know were to buy and what size to buy. it a 2.3 liter 8valve .22r toyota thanks Matt 89 740gl wagon
  10. M

megasqirting v6

Ok I am able to get a toyota 3.0 v6 cheap and I have a friend who is a good fabricating welder and body man . however I want to mega squirt this engine so I don't have to buy the stock ecu and harness. the problem is I don't know what to buy . I read the mega squirt wed site and I know how it...
  11. M

operating temp

OK I installed an 16" electric fan . it works but the temp guage reads 210 somtimes it goes up to 230 . what should the operating temp be. I think I am running a little hot. I don't know why. I have a new water pump, new thermosat clean radiator, all belts tensioned right 50/50 coolant...
  12. M

temp sendor

hi volvo people I was trying to install a temp guage as the stock one doesn;t work So I removed the temp sender which is closer to the front of the car beside cyl 2 . there is oil in the hole and all over the sender. Could this be the coolant temp sender or is this the etc for the fuel...
  13. M

740 front

I know this has probaby been brought up already but has any one converted a 90-92 front end to a 85-89 740. I have a 89 but like the 90+ look better. I was just wondering if it could be done with junk yard parts. I would buy a body kit but cant source one . I called Brickstlyz already. thanks...
  14. M

hot engine

I drove the car for five minutes and parking I realized the temp guage was in the red. The car had loss power and started to ping. I shut it down and after an hour it starts and run ok. how ever oil seems to be coming from where the head mates to the block at cylinder 3 . I am going to fix the...
  15. M

T-5 free

They say anything free can't be good and there is some truth to that . Today someone scraped a 5.0 mustage near my dads work shop and I got a t-5 or most the pieces to make up a T-5. Just wanted to know if you can get a rebuilt kit for it. or what. Im going to try and post a picture of the parts...
  16. M

850 turn light

I know this post is in the wrong thread but any body in South florida want a new drivers side turn lamp for an 850. My friend asked me to get one for her and now she doesn't want it . It is oem and has the retaining spring. I paid $30 for it today and thats all I want back. as I have to buy prom...
  17. M

740 body kit

I have to find a body-kit for my car .I plan to lower 1 1/2 inches and do some crazy thing with the roof to make it look square like a 850. but I NEED a new front/rear bumper and side scirts. I spoke to Randy at brickstylz some time ago and he has nothing. Any help in locating a kit will be...
  18. M

850 mods / Auto to Manual transmission swap?

I wanted to build an engine for my 740wagon but not only is it going to cost lots to get the car in the shape I want.I am at the stage were I don't know what I want but the 740 makes me look like a old guy. I mean I am 17 I don't need to look like a married father. So the junk yard has a...
  19. M

Strength of engine

I just posted in performance and forgot to ask. so here goes. I know that the early 80s b230 and the later models have a different bottom end setups making the newer models stronger. however if I am going to make a performance b234 . I need to know if the bottom end is strong enough to withstand...
  20. M

engine managment

hi I am almost done with high school 4months left. and since I am going to study engineering, I thought I would try my first project. I know a little about engines as I am a two year diesel tech student. My first project is building a high performance engine. I know everyone say and wants to do...
Back